Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes. Topped with sweet onions and filled with corn, cheddar cheese, bacon and green onions (and cottage cheese!), this upside cornbread is truly amazing. The bread has the perfect touch of sweetness, plus, it's the best choice when you want a side dish that packs a little more punch than your typical. Add drained tomatoes, cornbread cubes, asparagus and ham to whisked egg mixture; stir to combine, pressing gently to help cornbread absorb egg mixture.
In a skillet melt butter and add onions, cumin, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Cook briefly and add chicken broth. Stir in olives and stuffing mix. You can have Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes
- Prepare 1/2 pound of smoked ham.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of lard.
- Prepare 15 ounces of canned diced tomatoes with their juices.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoons of chives.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of green onion.
- You need 1-1/2 cups of buttermilk cornbread mix.
- It’s 1/2 cup of self rising flour.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of double acting baking powder.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/3 cup of finely chopped bell pepper.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Fill each tomato with cornbread stuffing and place in a.. Dish With Cornbread Recipes on Yummly To feed a crowd, especially when I want to make a good impression, I make this eye-popping cornbread salad. It's beautiful in a trifle bowl.
Cornbread with Ham, Onions and Tomatoes step by step
- Get the ham that has the least amount of white streaks in it. Remove the white tough membrane. Chop the onions, chives, and bell pepper. Mince the ham..
- Mix the lard, flour, cornbread mix, egg, sugar, baking powder, pepper, onion mixture, ham, and salt. Add the tomato and its juices. Then finally stir in the water..
- Heat the lard it will smoke, it will burn, if you're not careful. Spoon in a clump and fry. Turn often or it will char. Pile them on a paper towel till all are done. I hope you enjoy!!.
Mix sour cream, mayonnaise and salad dressing mix until blended. This is a flavorful green tomato soup recipe made with a generous amount of diced country ham, a little garlic, and some jalapeno pepper and hot sauce. Country ham or smoked ham makes this a hearty soup, perfect for lunch or supper. I saw a photo of cornbread that looking like it had browned bits of onions all over the top, only to find that those bits were bacon — I persevered and added caramelized, brown-edged onions to mine and loved it. Add acidic ingredients such as tomatoes AFTER the beans have fully cooked and are tender.