Sous-vide Western Eggs.
You can have Sous-vide Western Eggs using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sous-vide Western Eggs
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- You need 1 of poblano.
- Prepare 1 of small sweet onion.
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- It’s 2 tsp of sriracha.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 4 of "pinches" shredded Italian cheese.
- You need 6 oz of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried dilled.
- It’s 1 of heavy squeeze Cilantro paste.
- You need of Crisco.
- Prepare 4 (8 oz) of Mason jars and lids.
Sous-vide Western Eggs instructions
- Get water bath warming to 170° per manufacturer directions..
- Warm the jars so they aren't cold when you submerge them into the water. I just ran mine through the dishwasher because I was doing dishes anyway..
- Lightly cook the peppers and onions in a skillet until the onions are translucent. I used poblano, sweet onion and shallot because that's what I had fresh from my garden. You can also skip this step if you what them to have a bit of a crunch..
- Whisk the eggs, water, sriracha, dill, parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and cilantro in a large mixing bowl..
- Use a paper towel and lightly coat the inside of the jars with the Crisco. I used 8oz jars instead of the 4oz jars like I saw in most recipes so I increased the cooking time a bit..
- Divide out the peppers and onions evenly throughout the jars. Also add a generous pinch of the Italian cheese to each jar..
- Pour the egg mixture evenly into each jar. This should leave about 1/4 to 1/2 inch of space between the eggs and top of the jar..
- Screw the lids on finger tight and submerge into the water bath. Set the timer for 50 minutes..
- Leave in the warm water until ready to eat unless it's going to hours of time or longer. If longer move to an ice bath and keep in the refrigerator..
- They come out with a quiche like consistency, doesn't make the prettiest picture in the larger jars but they taste amazing..