Delicious Indian Vegetable Rice.
You can have Delicious Indian Vegetable Rice using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Indian Vegetable Rice
- It’s 2 cups of long-grain white rice.
- You need 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of large onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 2 of bay leaves, broken in half.
- Prepare 2 of potatoes, quartered2 carrots, quartered.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chile powder, or more to taste.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of shelled peas.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt, or to taste.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of butter.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala.
- It’s of Add all ingredients to list.
Delicious Indian Vegetable Rice step by step
- Place rice in large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let soak for 20 minutes. Drain..
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Add onion, cumin seeds, and bay leaves; cook and stir until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in potatoes and carrots; cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in turmeric, chile powder, and coriander; cook until fragrant, about 1 minute..
- Stir rice gently into the pressure cooker until evenly coated with oil. Pour in water and peas. Stir in salt, butter, and garam masala. Seal cooker and bring to high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat..
- Release pressure naturally according to manufacturer's instructions. Fluff rice with a fork..