You can have Italian Chicken using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Chicken
- You need 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper cut into chunks.
- It’s 1 of yellow or green bell pepper also cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried basil.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of sea salt (optional).
- Prepare 1 of 14.5 oz. can stewed tomatoes.
Italian Chicken instructions
- I used a cast iron pot, you can also do this in a crockpot..
- I cut the chicken into chunks and added to the pot with small amount of oil. Cook until no longer see pink..
- Place peppers, onion, garlic on top. Sprinkle the basil, oregano, thyme and sea salt. Pour tomatoes with juice over it all..
- Cook with low flame, lid on until chicken is done and vegetable are soft. I also added a bit of water so it won't dry out. If your doing it in a crockpot on low for 6 hours..
- When done I took out all the meat and veggies leaving the juice, I then added a thickener, once that is done I returned the meat and veggies to heat up. Serve over egg noodles, or your choice..