Praline Sugar Cookies.
You can cook Praline Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Praline Sugar Cookies
- It’s of For Cookies.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of white sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For Pralines.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Praline Sugar Cookies step by step
- For cookies: melt butter and cream together with sugar (after its been given a chance to cool—don’t use hot melted butter!) Then add egg and vanilla and mix well. Slowly add flour and mix by hand until a semi-firm dough forms..
- For pralines: melt butter on medium-high heat, add sugar and simmer for 5 minutes stirring constantly. Once it turns a light caramel color and looks fairly smooth and creamy, pour onto parchment paper (I did mine on a plate) and let cool and harden for about 5 minutes..
- Create balls of dough for cookies and about a handful size and pay flat in your hand. Place approx 15 cookies on the parchment paper..
- Top each cookie with a chunk of hardened praline and bake on 350°F for 15 minutes and then let cool for at least 5-7 minutes before indulging!.