Spanish chicken and Chorizo. The flavors in this Spanish chicken and rice are still the biggest draw for me. First, the chicken is covered in a simple spice rub that includes smoked paprika and a hint of cayenne pepper. Onions, green peppers, tomatoes, broth and rice go into the same pan with the browned chicken and Chorizo.
And this dish of chicken, chorizo, and rice is no exception, loaded up with flavor but super simple to prepare. It's not just that the chicken is cooked to juicy perfection, or that the chorizo and Spanish spice rub give the meal a warm and cozy flavor, it's also the delicious rice! Garlic and paprika are the key flavours in Spanish chorizo sausage, and are echoed in the flavourings I used in this One Pan Spanish Chicken and Chorizo dish. You can have Spanish chicken and Chorizo using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spanish chicken and Chorizo
- It’s 6 of medium to large potatoes, skin on coarsely chopped.
- It’s 1 of whole fresh lemon.
- You need 1 of preserved salted lemon (Use another fresh lemon instead if you don't have preserved lemons).
- You need of water.
- Prepare of garlic salt.
- You need 1 large of chicken, can also use pieces.
- You need 200 grams of chorizo, sliced.
- You need of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves coursely chopped.
- It’s 1 large of onion, cut into large pieces.
- Prepare of cracked black pepper.
Potatoes, capsicum and tomatoes add bulk and veggie goodness to make a complete meal that's whipped up and on the table in no time. This Spanish chicken with chorizo sausage and potatoes requires virtually no prep work, and very minimal ingredients. A quick seasoning of the drumsticks and potatoes, a swift chop of an onion, zest a couple oranges and you're done! In this dish, chorizo, a spicy Spanish sausage, combines with chicken, chickpeas, tomatoes, and garlic to make a warming dinner.
Spanish chicken and Chorizo instructions
- Preheat oven to 220 c..
- In a large pot add the potatoes, water, fresh lemon (prick with a knife a few times) and garlic salt and bring to the boil for 5 minutes..
- In a tray add some olive oil and heat in the oven..
- Drain well the potatoes when done..
- Next prepare your chicken. Stuff the chicken with the preserved lemon, fresh lemon and a handful of chorizo. Then rub with some olive oil and garlic salt..
- Then layer the potatoes in tray, sprinkle with salt, add the onions and garlic and top with the chicken, and chorizo pieces. Sprinkle with some cracked black pepper..
- Transfer to the oven..
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until fully cooked through..
- Remove the chicken and let it rest, continue to cook the potatoes until they crisp up. About another 20 minutes or so..
I couldn't find any chorizo so I just used hot Italian sausage and I used chicken breast instead of thighs (personal preference). Seasoned with a generous amount of paprika, this fiery Spanish chicken and chorizo tray bake lets you kick up your flamenco heels and enjoy the fiesta. I have to admit, at this time of year thoughts of the upcoming summer vacation are starting to take over my entire brain space. Add chicken and brown on all sides, seasoning with salt and pepper as it cooks. Remove browned chicken and set aside, covering to keep warm.