Empanadas. Empanadas are one of my favorite foods to make and also to eat. Empanadas can be eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They can be served as appetizers or snacks, but they can also easily.
Add some meat filling to each empanada and fold the dough over in half to enclose the filling. Empanadas are a very popular street food in South America (in Brazil they're called 'pastéis' or 'pastel' in singular) and Spain. The Perfect Pastry for All Meals Empanadas, or beef turnovers, are discs of pastry packed with meat. You can have Empanadas using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Empanadas
- Prepare 200 grams of minced beef.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced bell pepper.
- Prepare 2 medium of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 piece of spanish chorizo.
- It’s 2 of medium potatoes, diced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need 300 grams of pastry dough.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
You can enjoy Empanadas as an appetizer, a main dish, or even after your main course. The Best Vegetarian Empanadas Recipes on Yummly Empanadas, Baked Mushroom Lentil Empanadas, Pumpkin Chili Empanadas. Empanadas are Spanish and South American turnovers filled with various ingredients depending on the country or region they come from.
Empanadas step by step
- Filling : Fry onion, garlic & tomatoes for 2 minutes, then add minced beef, chorizo and potatoes. Then cumin and water, cover and simmer for 5 minutes till tender. Add bell pepper, simmer for 2 more minutes till almost dry. Season with salt and pepper and set aside..
- Preheat your oven to 180 C. Roll out the dough and flatten it to a quarter of an inch thick and cut into circle of 3 inch diameter. Make an egg wash by mixing the egg with 2 tbsp of water. When the filling has cooled down, scoop 2 tbsp into the center and fold the pastry over like a half moon. Pinch pastry with your fingers or the tip of fork to hold the fold together. Brush with egg wash and bake for 15 – 18 minutes..
- Variations in the Filling : add peas, chopped coriander, chillis or diced carrots if you wish … Have fun and enjoy!.
Find GIFs with the latest and newest hashtags! Search, discover and share your favorite Empanadas GIFs. The best GIFs are on GIPHY. Chilean Empanadas de Pino are flavorful beef empanadas filled with unexpected ingredients like raisins, olives, and hard boiled eggs. Homemade Beef Empanadas are just good.