Chinese Chicken & Mushroom.
You can cook Chinese Chicken & Mushroom using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken & Mushroom
- Prepare 500 g of Diced Chicken (or Beef).
- You need 30 ml of Sunflower Oil.
- It’s 15 ml of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 of Onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 250 g of Chestnut Mushrooms (Chopped).
- You need 1/2 of Bulb Garlic (Crushed).
- You need 1 inch of fresh Ginger peeled and finely chopped/minced.
- Prepare 200 g of Tenderstem Broccoli Heads only, or 100g if using stalk too.
- You need 75 g of Sugarsnap Peas (each cut into 3).
- Prepare 300 ml of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 30 ml of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of natural Maple Syrup (or alternative sweetener of choice).
- It’s 3 tsp of Red Wine Vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 of Red Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Medium Chilli (finely chopped).
- You need 200 ml of Cold Water.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cornflour.
- Prepare Knob of Butter.
Chinese Chicken & Mushroom step by step
- Gently fry together the Chicken and Onions in the Oil until cooked and lightly browned..
- Add Mushrooms & Ginger, fry for a further 2 mins.
- Add Stock and Garlic..
- Add Soy Sauce, Maple Syrup (or sweetener of choice), Vinegar, Red Pepper & Chilli. Gently simmer..
- Meanwhile, Blanch/Par-boil Broccoli & Sugarsnap Peas.
- Add strained Peas and Broccoli..
- Combine Cold Water with Cornflour and stir in to the other ingredients. Remove from heat when thickened and stir in the butter to add shine..
- Serve with Rice or Noodles of your choice (I always use the brown rice varieties)..
- For future recipes, you can play about with the ingredients and create your own unique dish according to your own personal preference! Possibly adjusting the quantity of Chilli, Garlic, Syrup, Vinegar, Salt, Pepper etc..
- I don't eat sugar if I can help it but if eating sugar doesn't bother you, you can replace the Maple Syrup with 25g sugar.