Open Face Taco Sandwich.
You can cook Open Face Taco Sandwich using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Open Face Taco Sandwich
- Prepare of Rolls from your bakery.
- Prepare 1 of large pack ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small can green Chiles.
- Prepare of Fresh minced garlic (6 cloves).
- You need 1 pack of Taco seasoning mix.
- It’s of Water as required on package of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans.
- Prepare 1 of red onion, sliced.
- Prepare 8 ounce of bag Mexican shredded cheese.
- Prepare 1 bag of lettuce.
- You need 1 of tomato, chopped.
- You need of Guacamole.
- It’s of Salsa.
Open Face Taco Sandwich instructions
- In a large pot brown your ground beef, drain off any fat…..
- Add your chopped green pepper, can of green chiles and garlic to ground beef, sauté until veggies are tender…..
- Next add your taco seasoning and required amount of water, cook and stir until thickened….Remove from heat when cooked thru….Then add your can of refried beans to cooked taco mixture, mix all well…..
- Take your bakery rolls and slice them in half, then place them on a large baking sheet, cut sides up……
- Place bread halves in oven under broiler to lightly toast them…..
- Spoon taco mix onto each half of rolls…..
- Place slice of red onion on top of taco halves…..
- Add some shredded Mexican cheese on top of halves….
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 5 minutes or until cheese fully melts……
- Top each halve with sliced tomatoes and lettuce……
- Serve each halve with a dollop of guacamole, then add some salsa to the side…..Serve and enjoy ?!.