Enchiladas Rojas (Red Enchiladas).
You can cook Enchiladas Rojas (Red Enchiladas) using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Enchiladas Rojas (Red Enchiladas)
- Prepare of Enchilada Chile (Sauce).
- You need 16 piece of Red dried New Mexico chiles.
- Prepare 5 piece of Chile de Arbol (cayane peppers).
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Dried Oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of fresh garlic.
- Prepare 1 of Silver dollar sized section of onion.
- Prepare 3/4 can of tomato sauce 8 oz.
- You need 2 cup of Chile boil water.
- It’s 2 tsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of main prep.
- You need 1 of corn tortillas.
- Prepare 3 tsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of Muenster Cheese.
Enchiladas Rojas (Red Enchiladas) step by step
- Here I have choices of heat. Mild, hot, really hot. Ratio determines heat. 10 mild 6 hot, gives just enough heat for my wife, adjust ratio for hotter sauce to ur taste..
- Sauce: remove stems and seeds from the dried chiles.
- Once de-stemed and seeded add to stock pot 10 cups water.
- Boil until soft and water turns reddish brown color.
- Add chiles to blender, combine with all remaining sauce ingredients, add more tomato sauce for milder sauce..
- Blend on high for 5 min, sauce should be thick and coat your spoon when dipped..
- In a deep sauce pan heat 3 teaspoons vegetable oil.
- Once hot enough to sizzle sauce, add enchilada sauce to pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 min after boil..
- Enchiladas: begin by heating up your corn tortillas. Store tortillas are raw and must be heated or cooked. Heat as many as u need. 7 sec per side..
- Once heated fry your tortillas in 3 teaspoons of hot vegetable oil about about 3 sec per side..
- Once oil hot, lower heat to a simmer, replenish oil as needed..
- Once fried, dip into hot enchilada sauce, thoroughly coat your tortilla And set aside on a plate..
- on the plate and fill enchilada with grated cheese.
- Roll enchilada filled with cheese.
- Repeat steps 11-15 for every enchilada. The heat of the tortilla and sauce will melt cheese. Serve with rice and refried beans..
- Do not bake, not a casserole. Turns the tortillas into mush and sauce flavor is lost..