Sig's Hearty Chinese Leaf. The Chinese leaf warbler (Phylloscopus yunnanensis) is a species of Old World warbler in the family Phylloscopidae. Its natural habitats are subtropical or tropical dry forests and subtropical or tropical high-altitude shrubland. It is found only in China.
Like Chinese broccoli, it has large flat leaves and tiny flower buds, but its stalks are slender. It has a milder flavor and goes well stir-fried with garlic. Hearty leaves can be roughly torn or chopped, while tender stems—like those you'd find on gai lan or bok choy—should be sliced into smaller pieces. You can cook Sig's Hearty Chinese Leaf using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sig's Hearty Chinese Leaf
- Prepare 1 of small Chinese leaf, halved lengthways.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1 of large shallot, sliced thinly.
- It’s 2 cloves of smoked garlic, if possible, crushed.
- Prepare 75 grams of rolled oats.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of oil.
- It’s 70 grams of cheddar cheese, grated.
- Prepare 75 ml of vegetable stock.
- Prepare 50 ml of double cream.
- It’s Pinch of each salt, pepper, smoked paprika.
Chinese Leaf Celery is certainly a heartier variety than regular celery, Chinese Celery has long been considered a staple in China and an aid to good Chinese Leaf Celery can be distinguished from ordinary celery by its size, color, taste and pronounced fragrance. This Asian herb is thought to have. Chinese spices have uses in traditional Chinese medicine, and their health properties are incorporated into the food they are cooked with. Many of the spices on this list are usually used whole to flavor oil for-stir fries or meat stews like hong shao rou (red braised pork belly).
Sig's Hearty Chinese Leaf step by step
- First preheat the oven to 180 C then cut the Chinese leaf lengthways in half. Clean of bad outer leaves then place in lightly boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Remove, put under icecold water then drain well, very gently squeeze water out. Try and keep the half intact Set aside..
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan, saute the onion, shallot and garlic until soft. Add the rolled oats, mix in, stir. Grate the cheese into the mix. Season, with salt, pepper and paprika. Heat until the cheese has melted in, make sure not to burn..
- Place the Chinese leaf into a oven proof dish, pour over the cream and the stock.Add the oat mix, well distributed over the leaves. Place into oven bake until golden brown..
- I served this with beef stroganoff, cherry toms and potato. I could have used pasta or rice but fancied differently..
Popular chinese leaf of Good Quality and at Affordable Prices You can Buy on AliExpress. We believe in helping you find the product that is right for you. AliExpress carries wide variety of products, so you can find just what you're looking for – and maybe something you never even imagined along the way. Quick and easy to cook with juicy leaves and delicate flavour. Inspired by hearty, flavoursome Senegalese stews, this slow-simmerer of a dish is full of fragrant spice, chunks of juicy organic beef and tender sweet potatoes, all tied together with the richness of creamy peanut.