Skillet Red Beans and Rice.
You can have Skillet Red Beans and Rice using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Skillet Red Beans and Rice
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 tsp. of Cajun seasoning.
- It’s 12 oz. of andouille sausage, sliced.
- You need 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 can (15 oz.) of red beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
Skillet Red Beans and Rice step by step
- Heat 1 tbsp. of the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the sausage and cook until browned. Then remove them to a seperate plate and set it aside. Add the additional oil and the onion, peppers and celery with a big pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 7-9 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook that until fragrant..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Stir the rice into the skillet with the Cajun seasoning. Let it toast up for a couple of minutes, then stir in the beans, broth and browned sausage. Let it come up to a low boil..
- Once beginning to boil, place the lid on and lower the heat down to low. Let this simmer for 10 minutes, then turn the heat off but keep the lid on an additional 5 minutes. Then fluff it with a fork and serve..