Sweet and sour mango chicken and pilau rice. I served it over white rice for which I just purchased the cheap frozen kind. My mom asked me to make this again one night for dinner! The aroma of the pilau makes many people feel like having it all the time but many are those who hates the process on how to prepare it only to wait for final results.
So much great flavor, and easy to make dinner. Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken with Rice, is a a seriously easy, and seriously flavorful meal option, where the chicken is cooked in the same pot as the rice for a quick, low mess Chinese inspired dinner! Important All appliances vary, these are guidelines only. You can have Sweet and sour mango chicken and pilau rice using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour mango chicken and pilau rice
- You need 6 of children thighs.
- You need 2 of medium onions diced.
- Prepare Half of a Chicken stock cube.
- It’s of Soy sauce (dark).
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of diced red pepper.
- You need 1 of diced mango.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Uncooked Long grain or fragrant rice.
Check food is piping hot throughout before serving. Heat a large, wide-based pan (preferably non-stick) with a knob of butter and a drizzle of vegetable oil over a medium heat. See great recipes for Pilau rice with mixed vegetables too! This one pot meal is loaded with fresh mangoes and sticky Asian sweet and sour sauce.
Sweet and sour mango chicken and pilau rice instructions
- Fry one of the onions and half the pepper until soft..
- Add your onions and pepper along with the stock cube to your rice water before cooking..
- Roast the chicken thighs for 40 mins on 190 with salt and pepper.
- Fry the remaining onion, mango and half pepper with a little chicken fat from the roast thighs.
- Add sugar and soy sauce to taste along with a little water..
- Blend half of the mango mixture and return to the pan. Reduce for 5 mins and then serve up..
Today's recipe continues to show off my passion for incorporating fruit into main dishes. This one has a tropical flavor that fuses with Thai/ Asian/ Chinese cuisine. Sweet and Sour Chicken is a classic Chinese dish with a complex flavor profile. Pineapple juice, low sodium soy sauce and rice vinegar come together to create the sweet and sour taste you know and love. We toss it with bite-sized pieces of tender chicken and fresh, crisp vegetables and serve it all over a bed of brown rice.