Chicken Fajita Rice.
You can cook Chicken Fajita Rice using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajita Rice
- You need 3 tbsp. of unsalted butter, divided.
- Prepare 2 of bell peppers (any color), diced.
- Prepare 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 tsp. of chili powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of each ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 can (4 oz.) of diced green chilis.
- You need of Juice of 1 lime.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of unsalted chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese.
Chicken Fajita Rice step by step
- In a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat 2 tbsp of the butter. Once it's melted, add in the peppers and onion with a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, until they're softened…about 5-7 minutes. Then add the garlic and the additional tbsp of butter and cook another minute or so more, until fragrant..
- Turn the heat up to med-high and stir in the rice and seasonings. Let the rice toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Then stir in the diced green chiles, broth, lime juice and sour cream until it's all integrated. Place the lid on and let it come to a low boil. Once at a boil, lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has absorbed..
- Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle the cheese across the top. Place the lid back on and let the cheese melt, then serve..