Chinese-style pigs in blankets.
You can have Chinese-style pigs in blankets using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chinese-style pigs in blankets
- It’s 1 pack of pigs in blankets.
- It’s 50 g of padron cooking peppers.
- Prepare 100 g of pak choi, cut into medium pieces.
- It’s 50 g of pomegranate.
- Prepare 1 of large red onion, sliced.
- You need 1 of star anise.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic, finely minced.
- You need 1 tsp of chinese five spice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cooking oil.
Chinese-style pigs in blankets step by step
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, honey, mustard, ground pepper and chinese five spices in a small bowl. Set aside..
- Heat cooking oil in a pan to a medium setting and wait until the oil starts to heat up. Add the pigs in blankets to the pan and cook them until they are golden brown all around. Take the pigs in blankets out of the pan and set aside..
- Im the same pan used for the pigs in blankets, fry the red onions until aoft, then add the pak choi and the sauce made earlier. Add star anise and pomegranate, stir until all combined..
- Put the pigs in boankets back in the pan and mix well with all the vegetables and sauce..
- To serve, sprinkle a little bit of ground black pepper. You can enjoy this dish on its own or have it with noodles or rice..