Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi. Creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup has a thick and rich broth with shredded carrots, celery, chopped spinach I love all of Olive Garden's Soups but their Chicken Gnocchi soup is awesome. The best part is that it Salt and pepper: To taste! The best creamy Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup with Veggies copycat recipe.
Just thinking about it, I can smell the herb and black pepper-flecked broth and feel the warm, satisfying comfort it brings to my. ITALIAN GRANDMA Makes GNOCCHI FROM SCRATCH Italian Chicken SoupA yummy, hearty, family-friendly chicken soup with a great Italian flavor. You can cook Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi
- You need 4 of boneless skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s 1 Cup of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- You need 1 Package of Potato Gnocchi.
- You need of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 4 Cloves of Fresh Chopped Garlic.
- You need 3-4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme.
- You need 1 Cup of Fresh Basil chopped.
- It’s 1 of Large Red Onion.
- You need 1 of Large Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes diced.
- Prepare 6-8 of Diced Roma Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 Can of Pitted Black Olives.
- It’s 1.5 Cups of Cabernet or Dry Red Wine.
- It’s of Cracked Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Coarse Ground Sea Salt.
- Prepare of Fresh Grated Asiago.
Next, pour in the chicken broth… Remove the chicken and let cool. Pull off the meat and shred into bite-sized pieces; cover and set aside. Season the broth with salt and pepper. Bring the soup to a boil and drop in the gnocchi.
Italian Olive Chicken and Peppered Gnocchi instructions
- For Sauce: Dice onion and garlic. Coat bottom of a large stock pot with EVOO. On Medium High heat add onions, garlic, and wine. Cook 8-10 minutes until onions are translucent. Add diced tomatoes, chopped basil, thyme sprigs. Reduce heat to simmer. Halve olives and add to sauce. Allow to simmer for an hour on low heat. Salt to taste..
- For Chicken: Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, wisk egg. Dip each chicken breast to coat with egg then coat with bread crumbs. Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper. Grease baking sheet with EVOO, place chicken on sheet and bake for 45 minutes. (Depending on size of chicken breast) Once done remove from pan into a hot oiled skillet and cook for another 3-5 minutes each side. This adds a much needed crunch factor..
- For Gnocchi: Prepare Gnocchi as directed on package. (Boiled normally). Transfer prepared Gnocchi to a hot oiled skillet. While frying Gnocchi add salt and pepper. Pepper to taste. Remove from heat when golden on one or both sides..
- Serve Chicken over top Peppered Gnocchi, top with Red Sauce. Sprinkle fresh asiago for the finishing touch. Pair with a mellow Chianti and enjoy!.
Complete nutrition information for Chicken & Gnocchi Soup from Olive Garden including calories, Weight Watchers points, ingredients and allergens. This creamy chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect comfort food. This better than Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup recipe will become a family If you've ever been to Olive Garden, you've more likely seen chicken gnocchi soup on the menu. Its a rich and creamy soup packed with chicken. Olive Garden's chicken and gnocchi soup blends chicken, spinach and Italian potato dumplings in a creamy broth.