Sopa de Arroz (Spanish rice).
You can cook Sopa de Arroz (Spanish rice) using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sopa de Arroz (Spanish rice)
- It’s 1 1/4 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 1 slice of Silver dollar size of onion.
- It’s 1 can of tomato sauce.
- It’s 5 tsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 cube of consumé (chicken or beef).
- You need 6 cup of warm water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
Sopa de Arroz (Spanish rice) step by step
- In a medium pan, fry the rice and the onion in the cooking oil..
- Fry it over high heat, making sure to keep stirring, for about 7-8 min until brown. (will almost look burned).
- Add tomato sauce to pan followed by water..
- To the soup add the consume cube sliced and the salt..
- Boil uncovered until liquid boils away resist stirring. Turn to medium high heat once liquid begins to evaporate..
- Rice should start to be fluffing up on the ends and be soft to the taste..
- Final check for water, prod rice and make sure almost all water gone, should almost stick to pan..
- Take off heat and cover with lid, let sit at least 10 min covered.