Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread. It goes great with cornbread, fried potatoes and fried cabbage." Save to favorites. Place the beans and water in a large stockpot. Add the ham hock, onion and garlic.
Hope you find some inspiration here! This includes: Ham & Beans, cornbread, & fried potatoes Cheesy Potato. Dress up frozen green beans with flavorful diced, smoked ham and new potatoes for a hearty side dish. You can cook Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread
- Prepare 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- It’s of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- It’s of Red potatoes (not too many).
- Prepare 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- It’s 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- You need of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- Prepare of Garlic salt.
- You need of Black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of white sugar.
- It’s of Cornbread.
It's an easy option for busy weeknights. Green beans and potatoes is one of my favorite side dishes. Mama always cooked a huge kettle of green beans and potatoes and we had them for several days. I never tired of them with cornbread muffins and would make a meal of just the two dishes.
Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread instructions
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY ???.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! ?.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
I love homemade ham & green beans with potatoes, served with a skillet of cornbread and sweet tea! For this recipe, I took two "soul-food" recipes I had and combined them to come up with this one. It's just the way I like it. You can adjust the amounts of ingredients to your own taste. Another great thing about seasoning your beans with ham hocks or a ham bone with ham still on it is that after your beans are cooked all the way, we Kingsqueen oh I love white beans and ham!