Seafood and chicken paella. This Chicken and Seafood Paella is a classic Spanish rice dish made with Arborio rice, packed with chicken, sausage, mussels, clams, shrimp and loaded with flavor. I have a romantic dish for you today. At least I think it's romantic because this isn't something you'd make every day.
This version of seafood paella includes chicken and pork, as well as clams, mussels, and shrimp. It's a bit of mary montaña—or surf and turf—as they say in Spain. A traditional paella pan, a long wooden spoon or paddle, and a barbecue or gas burner are needed to prepare this seafood paella. You can have Seafood and chicken paella using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seafood and chicken paella
- You need 2 cups of rice.
- You need 2 pinches of saffron.
- You need 10 of mussels.
- Prepare one bag of frozen seafood mix.
- You need 1 of chicken thigh.
- You need 1 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of red paprika.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need 1/3 stalk of celery.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- You need 1 pack of basil.
- It’s 1 can of canned tomatoes.
- It’s 20 g of bouillon broth powder.
- Prepare 600 ml of water.
- Prepare 100 ml of white wine.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- Prepare to taste of olive oil.
Paella is one of my favorite dishes to cook when entertaining. Not only is it delicious but it's a one-pot dish which makes for simple preparation and easy clean-up. A wonderful Spanish Paella that's very easy to make and the presentation is great as well. Remove from skillet and season with salt and pepper.
Seafood and chicken paella step by step
- Cook the white wine and mussels in the main pot. Then take out mussels and the leftover broth, and set aside..
- Cut chicken and vegetables into small pieces..
- Warm the water in a small pot. Put in the broth and saffron..
- Put the olive oil, chicken, vegetables and seafood mix into the main pot, fry with the salt and pepper..
- Add canned tomatoes, broth, and put in the mussels broth. Heat on medium heat for 30 minutes..
- Top with mussels, lemon, and basil..
Next, add the remaining seafood and chicken broth to the saffron water. Finally, garnish with the lemon wedges. Ladle the paella in an individual bowl and squeeze over the lemon. The refreshing tartness will bring out the flavor, making the dish more. Paella is probably Spain's most famous dish.