Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas. Baked Chicken Empanadas – a homemade baked version of a popular street food that doesn't need frying for full flavour. I can guarantee does not suffer without a visit to the deep fryer. Today's version includes tender chicken and a quickly sautéed and reduced tomato sauce.
TIP: Unbaked empanadas may be frozen. Freeze on baking sheet lined with wax paper until hard. Sometimes, oven baked chicken tenders can be dry. You can have Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas
- It’s 2 of cooked boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced up.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of real bacon bits, you can use imitation ones but the real bacon gives it more flavor.
- You need 1 of package of premade empanada discs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of goya sofrito seasoning to moisten up chicken before you put in empanadas.
- Prepare 2 tsp of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 of shredded cheese (optional).
However, you won't every have to worry about that when you wrap them in bacon! I love that these oven baked bacon wrapped chicken tenders are so easy to make. My daughter who is clueless when it comes to cooking even commented about. Set aside some extra bacon and eggs for the empanadas, which can be baked, cooled, and then frozen.
Baked chicken and Bacon empanadas instructions
- preheat oven to 350. Cook the chicken to your liking, with the seasoning you want.
- Dice the chicken up and reheat with the sofrito seasoning, add the Bacon bits..
- Place 2 tablespoons of the chicken and Bacon mixture (can also add your choice of shredded cheese) onto the center of the empanada disc and seal the edges with a fork.
- Continue step 3 until your chicken mixture is used up.
- Place the sealed empanadas on a lightly greased baking pan.
- Paint a teaspoon of melted butter on to each empanada to help with the Browning while cooking..
- Bake for 18-25 mins and enjoy when done!.
Empanadas reheat well in the microwave on a busy Breakfast empanadas don't have to be filled with bacon and eggs. Traditional fillings like chicken and beef are also delicious, or you can. These baked chicken and cheese empanadas are a great way to use up leftover cooked chicken. For best results, do not overfill them or the dough may tear. Make the dough: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.