Authentic Italian Sauce.
You can have Authentic Italian Sauce using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Authentic Italian Sauce
- You need 12 oz of plum tomatos.
- It’s 12 oz of crushed tomatos.
- It’s 6 oz of tomato paste.
- You need 1 packages of sweet italian sausage.
- You need 1 lb of pork or beef.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 medium of chopped onion.
- It’s 6 of basil.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
Authentic Italian Sauce step by step
- In a deep sauce pan add your oil. Then brown your meat..
- As meat is Browning cut onion and peel your garlic. After meat is browned on all sides add onion and garlic. Scrape all the brown stuff on the bottom of the pan. (That's all flavor).
- Add salt and pepper to meat and veggies. Once onion and garlic are sauted add your cans of tomatoes (not paste). Crush the plum tomato with your fingers into the sauce. Stir , on med. heat let sauce cook for 20 min. Untill sauce is at a rolling boil..
- Then add basil, bayleaf, wine and paste. Let cook on med heat for 10-15 more minutes..
- Lower heat to a simmer and add suger to reduce acidity. Let cook for 3-5 hours to reduce to desired thickness stirring often. Scrape the sides and mixing it back into the sauce..