Taco Frito Casserole.
You can cook Taco Frito Casserole using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Taco Frito Casserole
- You need 1 Pound of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of Oil.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 1 of Garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 of Taco Packet or more based on preference.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Water.
- It’s 1/2 Can of Rotel (10 oz can) add more or less.
- It’s 1 Can of Red Enchilada Sauce.
- It’s 1 Cup of Masa Prepared According to Package.
- Prepare 1 Can of Refried Beans.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Rice.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Shredded Cheese.
- It’s 2 Cups of Fritos.
- Prepare 2 of Flour Tortillas.
- You need of Garnish with lettuce, sour cream, and salsa.
Taco Frito Casserole step by step
- Add oil to frying pan. Saute onions and garlic..
- Add ground beef and taco packet seasoning with water. Simmer for 10 minutes until ground beef is cooked thoroughly. Add refried beans and Rotel. Stir..
- Prepare Masa according to mixture on package. Line bottom of 8×8 glass baking dish with 3/4 of Masa. Bake 350 degrees for 10 minutes to pre cook crust layer. Remove crust from oven..
- Begin layering casserole. First, create a layer with meat bean mixture, pour ⅓ of the Red Enchilada sauce over meat mixture. Sprinkle ⅓ cup of rice. Sprinkle shredded cheese. Sprinkle with ½ cup of Fritos. Layer with 1 flour tortilla and repeat layer pattern twice. Top with remaining Masa, cheese and Fritos..
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes..
- Serve with lettuce, olives, salsa, sour cream, and additional Fritos..