Italian bread. Italian bread is super soft and absorbent, making it perfect for soaking up sauces. This homemade bread has a light crust that's not too hard or crunchy, so it works. Traditional Italian bread is moist, has a thin, crisp crust, and works well with any meal.
Its center is fluffy or light and outside is extra crusty. Italian bread is baked in flat as well as round shape. The loaves are thicker and shorter. You can cook Italian bread using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian bread
- Prepare 1 cup of 100-110 deg F water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 3 cup of bread flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 of egg white beaten.
Wonderful Italian bread made in a bread machine then baked in the oven. This traditional Italian Christmas bread is suited for dessert, afternoon tea or breakfast. You won't believe how easy this Italian bread is to make! With its soft interior and crusty exterior, it tastes like a loaf straight from your favorite bakery.
Italian bread step by step
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast. Mix well..
- Add warm water and oil. Mix well..
- Kneed in mixer for 4 min..
- Turn into a greased bowl. Cover and let rise for 40 mins..
- Sprinkle cornmeal on a greased baking sheet..
- Punch down dough. Recover and let rest for 15 mins..
- Shape dough into a baguette shaped loaf (around 12 inch) and place on cornmeal covered baking sheet. Cover and let rise 40 mins.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. With a knife make a 1 deep cut along the top of the loaf..
- Brush top with egg white..
- Bake for 25 to 35 mins. Lightly tapping on the loaf should produce a hollow sound..
Browse our diverse collection of Italian bread recipes, from pizza to panettone. Italians have high standards for their bread. They are known to allow the yeast to fully rise over the Italians value the size of their loaves of bread because every family member needs to be properly. Italian Peasant Bread Full Recipe and Directions: https — Italian Peasant Bread – The sweet aroma of whole wheat and corn perfumes the air as the knife breaks through the crisp and crackling crust. It makes the most amazing loaf of bread with a fluffy center and extra crusty exterior!