Steamed Black Glutinous Rice Cake.
You can have Steamed Black Glutinous Rice Cake using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Steamed Black Glutinous Rice Cake
- It’s 5 of medium eggs.
- It’s 125 gr of castor sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ovalett.
- You need 150 gr of butter (melted).
- Prepare 50 ml of cooking oil. Or you can use 200 ml oil (omit the butter).
- It’s 250 gr of glutinous rice flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanillin powder.
Steamed Black Glutinous Rice Cake step by step
- Cover the lid with kitchen towel to prevent condensation from the lid from falling on to the steamed cakes (please don’t skip!). Fill a steamer with water. Cover the pan with the lid and slowly bring water to boil..
- Melt the butter and oil together with double boiling method. Set aside to let it cool down. In another bowl, Sieve together flour, baking powder, salt and vanillin powder. Bought this flour at wet market, malay store..
- In a big bowl, using electric mixer, beat the eggs and sugar and ovalett with high speed until the mixture has thickened and turned a very pale yellow/white. About 10 minutes.
- Gently fold the flour mixture to the egg mixture using spatula. Do not overmix.
- Lastly, mix in the butter/oil mixture, gently fold it in until no more oil is seen (using rubber spatula). Pls check the bottom of the bowl too. If we don’t mix properly, cake will be hard..
- Oh y, don’t forget to grease the pan and dust some flour to avoid the cake from sticking after baking.
- Steam the cake for 40 minutes or until the toothpick come out clean. Ready to serve ?.