Chewy Molasses Sugar Cookies.
You can cook Chewy Molasses Sugar Cookies using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chewy Molasses Sugar Cookies
- You need 2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of shortening.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of plus 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- Prepare 4 cup of flour (I use 1/2 all purpose and 1/2 cake flour) your favorite type.
- You need 3/4 of to 1 teaspoon salt.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of molasses (your favorite type).
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract (I use extra).
- You need 1/2 of to 1 teaspoon ground cloves (1 teaspoon is really strong so I use 1/2 teaspoon).
- It’s 1 of extra sugar or vanilla sugar for rolling (I make my own vanilla sugar as there are recipes on the app for this).
- You need 2 tsp of cinnamon (I use Ceylon, China, or Vietnamese).
Chewy Molasses Sugar Cookies instructions
- Melt the shortening over low heat and then let cool..
- Add the molasses, sugar and eggs and beat well..
- Mix in the cloves, cinnamon, salt and baking soda..
- Mix in the flour..
- Chill for 60 to 90 minutes, – it won't get really firm..
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls..
- Roll in white sugar or vanilla sugar..
- Bake at 350° for 8 to 10 minutes..
- *This recipe is from Penzeys Spices*.