Awesome sauce for tamales. Serve tamales and Tamale Sauce with side dishes, tortilla chips and salsa for a full-on Mexican feast! Traditional side dishes like Spanish Rice and Mexican I had Tamales in the freezer and I made this awesome Tamale sauce today. This makes tamales a millions times better.
Sinaloa-style Tamale CasseroleLa Cocina Mexicana de Pily. enchilada sauce, tamales, cream, manchego cheese. This delicious sauce for tamales is far from ordinary, inspired by tex-mix cuisine, it is lusciously rich and super easy to make. Making this modified sauce for tamales is a breeze with just a handful of simple ingredients. You can have Awesome sauce for tamales using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Awesome sauce for tamales
- You need 1/3-1/2 stick of o butter.
- You need 1 of red jalapeño deseeded & gutted, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion from the garden, diced.
- It’s 1/2 of ish cup o salsa.
- You need 2 of ish cups o beef broth.
- It’s 1 tbs of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cilantro.
- You need 1 tbs of flour.
- You need 2 tbs of cream cheese.
- It’s 2-3 slices of American cheese.
And the simpler the better in my household. Here in SF the Mexicatessens specialize in making tamales for the holidays, and I got my share today (chicken). Trouble is, they look kind of bare.like they need some sauciness, some saucing up. Have you got a recipe for a nice simple sauce that would be nice to serve with them?
Awesome sauce for tamales step by step
- Cook diced jalapeño and onion in melted butter until soft.
- Prepare beef broth and stir in salsa.
- Add chili powder, cumin, cilantro and flour to prepare rue, cook well.
- Whisk in broth salsa combo to rue and simmer briefly.
- Add creme cheese and cheese slices, stir well.
Enchilada Sauce: This enchilada sauce recipe is my all-time fave. Mole: I still don't have a recipe for mole here on the blog, but mole tamales would be incredible. Add your filling/sauce to the center of the masa. Tamales use surprisingly little filling — just a tablespoon or two will do. To reheat tamales: Wrap leftover or frozen tamales in a few dampened paper towels and This recipe is a keeper.