Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas.
You can have Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas
- You need 3-4 cups of cooked shredded chicken (I used rotisserie chicken).
- It’s 1 of medium yellow or white onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 of large can enchilada sauce.
- You need 3 cups of shredded cheese (I use mexican blend).
- Prepare 6-10 of flour tortillas.
Chicken Sour cream Enchiladas instructions
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pan over medium heat, heat a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Stir often. Combine chicken and onions in the frying pan. Stir until well combined..
- Pour ½ cup of enchilada sauce over the chicken and onion mixture- just enough to coat the chicken..
- Add the sour cream and parsley, stir until well combined..
- Once the sour cream and parsley are fully combined, turn off the heat. Now add the shredded cheese. I usually add 2-3 cups sometimes more depending on how cheesy I want it. I like this mixture to be creamy and cheesy. Once the cheese is melted and combined with the chicken and sour cream mixture taste it to see if needs anything more. More sour cream? More cheese perhaps? More sauce? Adjust it how you want it..
- Now it's time to fill the tortillas and make the enchiladas. (Spray your baking dish with non stick spray first.) Now just pour enough sauce in a baking dish to cover the bottom of the dish..
- Now take a tortilla and spoon some sauce on the tortilla. Next spoon on some of the chicken mixture..
- Roll up the tortilla and place it in the baking dish. Repeat steps to make enough tortillas to fill your baking dish or until the chicken mixture is used up..
- Pour enchilada sauce over the completed enchiladas. Spread it evenly over the top..
- Top with more shredded cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Now they are ready for the oven. Cover with foil and bake 20-30 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Since the chicken is pre cooked, you only need to bake them long enough for the sauce to start bubbling, tortilla edges are slightly crisp and the cheese is melted..