Spanish rice. My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find.
It is traditionally made by sautéing the rice in a skillet with oil or fat until it is colored golden brown. Spanish rice is the perfect accompaniment to Mexican foods, chicken, or just about anything. This is the best Spanish rice recipe on this site! You can have Spanish rice using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish rice
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of onions.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 2 cup of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
I don't understand why people don't follow the direction to. How to Make Spanish Rice and Beans Video. And the best part about beans and rice? When you put them together they become a complete protein, meaning together they contain all the essential amino.
Spanish rice instructions
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium heat..
- add garlic and onions, cook until tender, about 5 minutes..
- Mix rice into skillet, stirring often..
- When rice begins to brown, stir in chicken broth and salsa. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice add-ins: Tomato: Fresh diced tomatoes or even canned diced tomatoes are a great addition to the recipe and add lots of flavor. Salsa: Salsa adds a ton of flavor. You'll find my easy Spanish rice is better than any found in grocery stores. Best of all, it can be prepared in the same amount of time as those so-called "quick and easy" boxes. Spanish Rice from Delish.com is a perfect side for dinner.