You can have Italian Stromboli using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Stromboli
- Prepare 1 of pizza dough, homemade or store bought.
- You need 1/4 lb. of provolone cheese, sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 lb. of Genoa salami, sliced.
- You need 1/4 lb. of pepperoni, sliced.
- You need 3-4 of plum-tomatoes, sliced.
- You need 5 of fresh basil leaves, thinly chopped.
- It’s 1 of small jar sweet peppers, drained & patted dry.
- It’s 4 oz. of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s Dash of olive oil.
Italian Stromboli step by step
- Allow pizza dough to come to room temp. Preheat oven to 400˚..
- Lightly dust dough ball, rolling pin, and surface with flour. Push your palm hard into the dough, turn it over, and repeat a few times. Roll out the dough to a pizza size circle..
- Transfer to a flour dusted pizza peel if going into an oven on a pizza stone. Or, transfer to a baking tray..
- Layer the provolone cheese, salami and pepperoni slices on one side of the dough..
- Next, layer the tomato slices, basil, sweet peppers, and any other toppings. Top all of this with the mozzarella cheese..
- Fold over the dough to cover all ingredients. Roll the edges up and press to seal. Lightly knead the edges with your thumb. Brush olive oil on top..
- Place into the heated oven and bake for 13-14 minutes. Check on it a few times near the end for a golden brown color..
- Allow it to cool a bit for the juices and cheese to congeal before slicing. [For two small individual ones, cut dough ball in half, roll them out, fill, wrap, and then bake].