You can cook Oxtail Udon using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oxtail Udon
- Prepare 1 package of ox tail(2 lbs).
- It’s 7 of dried dates.
- You need 2 of medium pieces of ginger.
- You need of The peel of 1 orange, dried.
- It’s 4 of star anise.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of raw peanuts.
- It’s 7 of dried shiitake.
- Prepare of Udon noodles.
- You need of Chinese bokchoy.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Oxtail Udon instructions
- Soak ox tails for 2 hours to get rid of the blood. Boil some water with 1 Tbsp of salt. When the water is boiled, put ox tails in and boil for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, drain the ox tails, clean under running water..
- Clean the pot well, put ox tails back. I used an onion sack to put the dates, ginger, star anise and orange peel. It would be easier to remove after the soup was done. Put the raw peanuts and shiitakes into the pot, because they will be served with the soup..
- Add water 4 cups of water and 4 cups of chicken stock or beef stock. Bring to a boil, then turn to medium heat and simmer for 3 hours..
- Season with some salt, black pepper, 1 Tbsp of sugar and 1 Tbsp of fish sauce..
- Boil 1 1/2 cup of water with 1 Tbsp of salt. Blanch the bokchoy for 2 minutes. Remove. Cut into bite size, put in a mixing bowl, drizzle some sesame oil. Mix well. Set aside..
- In the same boiling water, put one package of udon (there are 3 pack udon in 1 package), boil for about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain well. Put into serving bowl. Pour soup with ox tails, peanuts and shiitake over udon, put bokchoy and some chopped green onion on top. Enjoy!.
- You can also eat it with rice. By itself, it would be excellent for hangovers!?.