Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style.
You can have Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style
- It’s 2 of chicken breasts or 4 thighs cut into bite sized pieces,.
- Prepare 1 of double shot of bourbon, (50 ml),.
- Prepare 2 of spring onions, chopped (use green sections to garnish),.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soft dark brown sugar,.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger paste, or grated ginger,.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, crushed,.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar,.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup,.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of light soy sauce,.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornflour, diluted into around 200ml cold water,.
- Prepare of Cooking oil for frying.
- Prepare of Serving suggestions:.
- You need of Steamed white rice or noodles to serve.
Bourbon Chicken Chinese Takeaway Style step by step
- Heat up a wok over a high heat and add in the cooking oil. Premix the sauce by combining together the vinegar, soy sauce, ketchup, chilli flakes, bourbon and sugar..
- Add the chicken to the wok and stir fry for two minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic plus the whites of the spring onion. Fry for a further 2-3 minutes, moving the ingredients around the wok..
- Pour in the pre mixed sauce and coat the chicken by tossing it around the wok. Bring to a simmer. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through. Add in the water/cornstarch solution. Simmer and reduce down until the sauce thickens up nicely and is a glossy brown. Plate up, serve with your choice of side and garnish with the greens of the spring onion and enjoy. :).