Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa. Combine quinoa and chicken stock in a saucepan. Meanwhile, cut the tops off of the bell peppers, remove the seeds and set aside in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Chop the tops of the peppers (will add to the meat mixture later).
The turkey quinoa filling is adapted from our popular turkey taco quinoa skillet recipe to create a well-rounded meal that the entire family will love. In addition to ground turkey, quinoa and spices, the filling is made with high quality Tuttorosso Diced Tomatoes. I have a fresh twist on a house favorite today: Italian Stuffed Peppers. You can have Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa
- It’s 2 Tbsp of avocado oil.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sweet paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need of Few dashes of Worcester sauce.
- Prepare 2 cups of favorite tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of red wine or white wine.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh Thyme.
- It’s 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan.
- You need Packet of ground turkey.
- You need 4 of peppers.
- Prepare of Shredded cheese for top (mozz recommended).
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa.
- It’s of Fresh basil for garnish.
Sweet bell peppers stuffed with a savory blend of ground chicken or turkey, Italian herbs and cheeses, and the whole grain of your choice, each stuffed pepper is its own tidy and complete healthy dinner package. Every time I make stuffed peppers, I'm reminded of just how fantastic they are as their own mini recipe genre. The stuffed peppers are loaded with lean ground turkey, black beans, corn, crushed tomatoes and quinoa. Cumin, cayenne pepper and paprika give the filling a little kick.
Italian stuffed peppers with turkey and quinoa instructions
- Toast dry spices in avocado oil for a few mins. Add onion,garlic, thyme and cook till translucent. Add turkey and cook till no pink shows. Add can tomatoes, tomato sauce and wine and allow to reduce. Add Parmesan and allow to melt..
- Mix quinoa to the turkey mixture..
- Cut peppers in half and remove stems and seeds. Put peppers on a sheet pan and fill with turkey quinoa mixture. Top peppers with shredded cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until peppers are tender. Top with fresh basil..
Healthy, satisfying and loaded with flavor. The stuffed peppers are cooked in the oven until perfectly tender. A filling, hearty and flavorful meal. For the quinoa: Over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan. As the broth is coming to boil, add the quinoa, then stir and cover.