You can have Sweet Cornbread using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Cornbread
- You need 1 Cup of Corn Meal.
- You need 1 Cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 TBS of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Baking Soda.
- You need 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 Cup of Buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Milk (Whole Milk is ideal).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Melted Butter (Divided).
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Olive or Veg Oil.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Brown Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of White Sugar (Or Honey).
Sweet Cornbread step by step
- Preheat Oven To 375° F.
- In a large bowl, mix Cornmeal, Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, and Sugar..
- In another bowl mix Buttermilk, Milk, Eggs, Oil, and 1/4 Cup of Cooled Melted Butter..
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth..
- Add the other 1/4 Cup Butter into a 10" Cast Iron Skillet. Place in oven to preheat skillet..
- Carefully remove skillet after about 10 minutes. Pour batter into pan and place back in oven. Cook for 20 – 25 minutes. Allow to cool and then serve..
- I like to rub some butter over the top of the Cornbread right after removing from the oven. Another delicious option is to heat 1/4 Cup of Butter & 1/4 Cup honey together in the microwave, and then brush that over the top..