Western-Style Chirashi Sushi: A Popular School Lunch Item.
You can cook Western-Style Chirashi Sushi: A Popular School Lunch Item using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Western-Style Chirashi Sushi: A Popular School Lunch Item
- Prepare 360 ml of Uncooked white rice.
- You need 4 tbsp of Readymade (store-bought) sushi vinegar.
- You need 2 of eggs' worth Iri-tamago (finely scrambled egg).
- Prepare 4 slice of Ham.
- It’s 2 medium of Green bell pepper (or cucumber).
- You need 3 of pieces Processed cheese.
- You need 60 grams of Corn kernels.
Western-Style Chirashi Sushi: A Popular School Lunch Item instructions
- Rinse the rice, and cook in a rice cooker using a little less water than usual. When it's cooked, mix in the sushi vinegar (using the amount indicated in the manufacturer's instructions on the bottle) and leave to cool. (See Hints.).
- These are the additions to the rice. Season the eggs with salt and pepper (not listed in the ingredient list) and make iritamago or finely scrambled eggs, and let cool. Drain the corn kernels..
- Cut the cheese and ham into 1 cm dice. Cut the bell peppers into 5 mm dice. If you don't like bell peppers or for children, you can use cucumber instead! I recommend bell peppers though..
- Mix the sushi rice and the other ingredients together, and it's done. I added black pepper on top since this was intended to be eaten by adults..
- To make delicious sushi rice from scratch, see..