Western Style Temarizushi (Ball Shaped Sushi) with Cured Ham and Cheese.
You can have Western Style Temarizushi (Ball Shaped Sushi) with Cured Ham and Cheese using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Western Style Temarizushi (Ball Shaped Sushi) with Cured Ham and Cheese
- It’s 350 grams of Uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 of a tablespoons ◆ Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ◆ Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ◆ Salt.
- It’s 1/4 of Sweet onion.
- It’s 6 slice of Cured ham (e.g. proscuitto).
- Prepare 50 grams of Cream cheese.
- You need of Toppings of your choice:.
- You need 2 of to 3 Cherry tomatoes.
- It’s 1 dash of Cucumber.
- You need 1 dash of Coarsely ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 dash of Olive oil.
Western Style Temarizushi (Ball Shaped Sushi) with Cured Ham and Cheese step by step
- Rinse the rice and soak in the cooking water for at least 30 minutes. Use just a little less water than usual, to cook rice that's a bit on the dry side..
- Combine the ◆ ingredients and microwave for 20 seconds at 500 W. Mix together well until the sugar and salt are dissolved..
- Finely chop the sweet onion and put in a bowl of cold water for about 5 minutes. Drain, then wrap in paper towels and dry well..
- Cut the ham slices into half, and the cream cheese into 1-2 cm dice..
- if you're using toppings: Take the stem ends off the cherry tomatoes and cut into wedges. Slice the cucumber thinly..
- Put the freshly cooked rice in a bowl, add the sushi vinegar and onion and mix in using a cutting motion. Let cool..
- Spread out a sheet of plastic wrap, and layer on the ham, cheese and sushi rice in that order..
- Twist the plastic wrap to make a little ball (temarizushi). Make 12 of these..
- Line the temarizushi on a serving plate. Optionally top with tomato and cucumber, sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper, and drizzle with olive oil..
- The ham is salty so these are good just as-is, but you can dip them in salt or soy sauce to taste when eating..