Our Family Recipe for Croquettes: Western-Style (includes tips).
You can cook Our Family Recipe for Croquettes: Western-Style (includes tips) using 15 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Our Family Recipe for Croquettes: Western-Style (includes tips)
- It’s 6 medium of Baking potatoes.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt (for boiling).
- It’s 100 grams of Ground pork.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 medium of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ✩Salt.
- You need 1 dash of ✩Pepper.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ✩Consommé granules.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ✩Ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 10 grams of ✩Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Cake flour (for coating).
- It’s 1 of Egg (for coating).
- You need 1 of Panko (for coating).
- You need 1 of Frying oil.
Our Family Recipe for Croquettes: Western-Style (includes tips) step by step
- Sauté the ground pork in a frying pan without oil. Once cooked, set it aside on top of a paper towel to remove some excess fat..
- Wipe off any residue in the frying pan with paper towel, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and sauté the minced onion and carrot..
- Put the ground pork back into the pan, add all the ingredients from ✩ and sauté until the liquid evaporates..
- Wait until the potatoes are boiled and cooked through..
- Boil the potatoes in salted water. Drain once they're cooked through..
- Mash up the potatoes while they're hot. Add the mixture from step 4 and combine well..
- Put it into a shallow container, flatten to let it cool..
- Divide it into 12 portions while it's still warm after cooling. I doubled the recipe in this picture so it looks divided into 24 portions. For you cooks out there, please do so into 12 portions..
- Once divided into 12, mold them all into barrel-shaped portions before they cool down. Once this is done, cool them down completely since this makes it easier to apply coating..
- Coat these with flour, egg, and panko in that order..
- Deep-fry with plenty of oil. Stick cooking chopsticks into the pot, and make sure it's ready for frying once you put a pinch of panko after it starts bubbling..
- Place the croquette on a skimmer ladle etc., then lower the ladle itself into the oil and deep-fry..
- The croquette will turn golden brown fairly quickly, so take it out at the right point. It may seem like a bother, but with this method you can fry up each croquette beautifully. (Of course you can use any frying method you prefer!).
- I made 24 croquettes this day. I coated the ones in the back with panko mixed with parsley..
- The seasoning is relatively light. If you prefer a stronger taste, please try adding 1 tablespoon of consommé granules at step 6 after tasting..
- Mom's taste version: "Mom's Specialty: Sweet and Salty Croquette".
- Curry flavor version: "Our Home Croquettes Variation" https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/171247-our-family-recipe-for-croquettes-curry-flavored-version.