Ragi Rotti. Ragi mudde & ragi rotti are the staples in rural karnataka and are eaten during the beginning of the day especially by the farmers. These roti are nutrient dense and keeps hunger pangs away. good for health. ragi rotti, also known as ragi roti or finger millet roti. the ragi roti can be prepared in two ways. the first one is rolling out like normal chapathi. the second option is hand-beaten on top of. Ragi rotti or finger millet flour roti recipe explained with step by step pictures and a video.
It is one of the mandatory dishes savoured by rural population of the state. Ragi is rich with proteins and fiber which gives energy when consumed. Ragi rotti, or ragi roti, is a healthy food. You can cook Ragi Rotti using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ragi Rotti
- It’s 1.5 cup of Ragi flour.
- It’s 4 tsp of Rice flour.
- Prepare 1 of chopped onions.
- Prepare 3-5 of Chopped green chilli.
- Prepare 1 inch of chopped ginger.
- You need leaves of Curry.
- It’s leaves of Coriander.
- Prepare 0.5 tsp of Hing.
- It’s 1 tsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery.
- Prepare 3 tsp of coconut.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Water to mix.
Kudos to ragi, it has, among others, calcium, iron and fiber. To begin making the Ragi Ujju Rotti Recipe, in a medium sized vessel, bring the water to a boil in a pan with salt and oil. Ragi Rotti is a nutritious roti made with Ragi Flour (Nachni Atta or Finger Millet). This recipe is from Karnataka and all the Ragi Rotti needs as accompaniment is Yoghurt.
Ragi Rotti step by step
- In a bowl take onion + chilli + cumin seeds + curry leaves + coriander leaves + salt + jaggery +oil + hing + ginger + coconut. Mix well..
- Now to the same bowl add ragi flour + rice flour and mix well with hot water(half glass) and form a dough. Rest the dough for 30 minutes.
- Now heat the pan. Take a small portion of dough and spread it round in a aluminum foil or sheet making holes in between. Place it on the pan and remove the foil carefully. Heat it on both sides..
- Serve hot ragi rotti with curd/yogurt and sugar..
Ragi-Rotti means ragi-pancake in the native language, Kannada. Ragi Rotti is type of Indian bread prepared using Finger Millet/Nachni. Ragi rottis are probably unique to Karnataka and are one of the all time favorites for Here's the recipe for traditional healthy hearty Ragi rotti. Don't miss out the notes section at the end of the post… Ragi Rotti. Oats- ragi chapatti is a chapati or roti recipe with a healthy blend of high fibre flours like oats along with iron rich ragi or nachni flour.