Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce.
You can cook Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce
- It’s 1/4 cup of butter or cooking oil of your choice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chili powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1 can of RoTel or diced chilis (optional).
Quick and Easy Enchilada Sauce instructions
- In saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Stir to combine well..
- Add spices to rue mixture and stir..
- Cook for about a minute or two to get rid of raw flour taste..
- Add beef broth and RoTel. whisk until smooth..
- Cook until thickened..
- I added a touch more broth because I like mine rather thin, adjust to your preference..
- I don't add salt, but if using in yours, use unsalted butter and low sodium broth and it wont be so salty..