Spanish rice. My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find.
This is the best Spanish rice recipe on this site! I don't understand why people don't follow the direction to. How to Make Spanish Rice and Beans Video. You can cook Spanish rice using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish rice
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 c of uncooked white rice.
- It’s 1/2 of large onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2-1/4 c of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/3 c of tomato sauce.
And the best part about beans and rice? When you put them together they become a complete protein, meaning together they contain all the essential amino. Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice add-ins: Tomato: Fresh diced tomatoes or even canned diced tomatoes are a great addition to the recipe and add lots of flavor. Salsa: Salsa adds a ton of flavor.
Spanish rice instructions
- Heat oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Cook and stir rice and onion in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in salt, cumin and pepper..
- Pour in chicken stock and tomato sauce. Stir well..
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil..
- Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer covered for 20-30 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed..
Spanish rice, also known as Mexican rice, red rice, or arroz rojo, is a Mexican side dish or an ingredient in other dishes made from white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, etc. It is traditionally made by sautéing the rice in a skillet with oil or fat until it is colored golden brown. You'll find my easy Spanish rice is better than any found in grocery stores. Best of all, it can be prepared in the same amount of time as those so-called "quick and easy" boxes. Spanish Rice from Delish.com is a perfect side for dinner.