Healthier Crispy 'Seaweed' (Chinese takeaway style). Chinese Crispy Seaweed is much less exotic than it sounds. While "seaweed" is in the title of the dish, it's traditionally made from bok choy. Cabbage or other greens make an equally delicious recipe.
It's very easy to make and is a perfect cold appetizer to add nutrition to your meal in the If you think that seaweed is a relatively modern food fad for health junkies and detoxing vegans, you'd be wrong. The Best Chinese Seaweed Recipes on Yummly Chinese Seaweed Salad (凉拌海带丝), Chinese Seaweed Salad (kombu), Chinese Style Crispy Seaweed. You can have Healthier Crispy 'Seaweed' (Chinese takeaway style) using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthier Crispy 'Seaweed' (Chinese takeaway style)
- Prepare 85-100 g of curly kale,.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil,.
- You need 1.5 tsp of dark soft brown sugar,.
- It’s of Salt to season,.
- You need 1 tsp of sesame seeds, extra as garnish.
Chinese Seaweed Soup with Pork Balls and TofuSouper Diaries. Many dishes have been found to contain unhealthy levels of salt – but a few changes to your order could make all the difference. Both crispy seaweed and crispy cabbage exist in Japan. Usually as a side dish to a main meat or fish dish.
Healthier Crispy 'Seaweed' (Chinese takeaway style) step by step
- Discard any woody thick stalks from the curly kale and place it in a bowl. Add the olive oil and season with some salt. Toss the kale together until coated in the oil evenly..
- Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and toss it together again..
- Preheat the oven to around 170 (fan). Line a large baking tray with foil. Lay out the kale on the tray evenly..
- Sprinkle over 1 tsp of the dark brown soft sugar, here it's best to use your fingers so it doesn't fall in large clumps..
- Bake the kale for 7 minutes, then using a fork move it about on the tray and turn it then return to the oven for around another 5-7 minutes..
- Once lovely and crisp, serve up and garnish with more sesame seeds and the remaining sugar. Enjoy!.
Cabbage is a regular part of the daily cuisine. Shredded, pan-fried, steamed, baked, deep fried or raw. Most of popular Japanese dishes are originally Chinese, anyway. Crispy seaweed – download this royalty free Stock Photo in seconds. Crispy seaweed isolated on white background.