Baked Chicken Enchiladas. Seriously the best chicken enchiladas ever, made with lots of chicken, cheese, black beans (optional), and my favorite homemade red enchilada sauce recipe. These have been one of my most popular recipes since I first posted, which I Enchiladas can be filled with anything you can think of! In this Chicken Enchiladas recipe, I used.
Upgrade your weeknight dinner with this decadent Cheesy Baked Chicken Enchiladas recipe. When you want a warm, comforting Mexican dish, forget Taco Tuesday — it's enchilada time. These are great for a family dinner or party. You can have Baked Chicken Enchiladas using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Baked Chicken Enchiladas
- Prepare 3 of boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. cream cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 2 cups of salsa (I use Pace Picante).
- You need 1 can of Rotel, drained.
- It’s 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. Monterey Jack Cheese.
- It’s 1 (8 oz.) of pkg. Colby Jack Cheese.
- You need 20-25 of corn tortillas.
- You need of Toppings: sour cream, green onions.
I've also cut the baked enchiladas into three sections and served them as appetizers with chips and salsa.—Elaine. This Enchilada Style Baked Chicken is your basic enchilada chicken casserole just without the tortillas. It has all of the flavor and comfort of a enchilada chicken casserole with less carbs. Plus you only need a few ingredients – can you really get better than this?
Baked Chicken Enchiladas step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook chicken either in pressure cooker or stovetop with seasonings as desired. Once cooked, drain off juices and add Rotel..
- Shred completely and set aside..
- Shred cheeses and set aside..
- Slice up green onions if desired for topping and set aside..
- Combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Add in 1 cup of salsa and 1/2 of each of the cheeses. Mix until well combined..
- Fold in the chicken completely..
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and heat up in microwave until soft and pliable..
- Coat 2 baking dishes with nonstick cooking spray and spread out 1/2 cup of salsa between the two on bottom of dishes..
- Fill each tortilla with a heaping spoonful of filling and roll up; place seam side down in pans. Spoon remaining 1/2 cup salsa over the tops..
- Top with remaining cheese..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly..
Well, I guess my crock pot chicken tacos recipe is just as amazing. Chicken enchiladas are a baked casserole dish made with four This easy chicken enchiladas recipe is an authentic Mexican food staple. We're approaching the That chicken we fried up – that's next into the baking dish. Half of the chicken is our second precious layer. These lightened cheesy chicken enchiladas have a creamy cheese topping in place of a more traditional enchilada sauce.