Argentinian Carne Empanadas.
You can have Argentinian Carne Empanadas using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Argentinian Carne Empanadas
- You need 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of of each red, green, and yellow bell peppers (chopped).
- Prepare 1 cube of boulion.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of paprika.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of cumin.
- It’s 1 handful of green onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- Prepare 16 of green olives (chopped or not).
- You need 10 of hard boiled eggs (chopped).
- Prepare 30 of empanada dough circles.
Argentinian Carne Empanadas step by step
- Chop veggies as noted above..
- In a large pot, add coconut oil, then onion, bell peppers, and boulion. Sauté lightly..
- Add ground beef..
- Add paprika “until meat appears red.” Then add cumin “until meat no longer appears red.” Cook for a few minutes, stirring the meat..
- Add parsley and then green onion. Salt or cumin as needed for flavor. Cool down meat in refrigerator..
- Add about 1 tablespoon of meat mixture, 1 olive, and 1/4-1/3 hard boiled eggs on the top of each empanada dough. If this is your first time making empanadas, do not add as much filling as shown in the picture..
- Dip your finger in some water and wet the rim of the empanada dough to help with closure. Fold empanada in half and pinch together so there are no holes..
- Fold over/twist the edges of the dough as shown..
- Finish rolling by pinching and folding over the end..
- Bake at 380*F for approximately 20-30 minutes on a tinfoil wrapped cookie sheet. (25 minutes in out oven.) If the empanadas look darker on the bottom than the top, turn on broil. They should be golden when when finished..
- NOTE: You can make chicken empanadas similarly. Cut raw meat into small pieces and add in place of beef in the above recipe..