You can have Kanji Vada using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kanji Vada
- You need 1 of & 1/2 cup Moong dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger finely chopped.
- You need 2 tsp of green chillies finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander leaves finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 tsp of whole coriander seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 tsp mustard seeds powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 5-6 litres of water.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin powder.
- You need of Wheat flour as required.
Kanji Vada step by step
- First wash the dal properly then soak the dal in water for about 6 to 7 hours then grind the dal with few pieces of ginger and green chilli without water (if required add 1 tsp water) make a coarse paste,now take a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dal paste then add little wheat flour,cumin seeds,red chilli powder,red chilli flakes,whole coriander seeds,salt now mix it then heat a kadhai put enough mustard oil for deep fry the vadas then take a small bowl put small muslin cloth on the open side of the bowl hold it tight with your left hand put.
- Some water on the muslin cloth then take a big lemon size dough (it should be little sticky) put it in the muslin cloth then take out the vada from the muslin cloth and put it in the hot oil deep fry the vadas till golden brown in colour,now take a mixing bowl put the vadas in water for about 30 minutes then take a.
- Large mixing bowl add 5 liters water,mustard seeds powder,salt,red chilli powder, cumin powder mix it well now squeeze the vadas from the water add them into the masala water, now keep it rest for 24 hours so that it gets fermented,after 24 hours keep it refrigerated for about 2 hours then take a serving bowl take 1 vada put some back salt,red chilli powder,roasted cumin powder…