Cheesy Spicy Grits.
You can have Cheesy Spicy Grits using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy Spicy Grits
- You need 1 cup of grits.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 pound of Canadian bacon see my recipe.
- You need 1-1/4 cup of extra sharp cheddar cheese chunks.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 2/3 cup of sliced pickled jalapeno peppers.
Cheesy Spicy Grits step by step
- Bring the water with salt to boil. Stir in the grits stirring constantly, you don't want lumps..
- Slice the Canadian bacon. Stir into the grits, and add the butter..
- Cut the cheese into chunks and add to the boiling grits. Be careful the grits will pop you. There is nothing worse then a grit burn. It stays hot and sticks to you..
- When the cheese melts and is stirred in, add the jalapeno peppers..
- Turn off the heat and let rest 7 minutes covered. Serve I hope you enjoy!!!!!.