Lasagna Mexicana. Publix Aprons Simple Meals suggests Lasagna Mexicana. To print the full recipe, click here. Mexican lasagna makes great leftovers, too!
This vegetarian Mexican lasagna is the ultimate healthy dinner recipe! Layered with lasagna noodles, corn, and black beans, it's full of zesty flavor. My whole family loves this beefy lasagna flavored with taco seasoning. You can have Lasagna Mexicana using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lasagna Mexicana
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 6-8 oz of guacamole.
- Prepare 10-12 oz of bag frozen southwest blend vegetables.
- You need 8 oz of Mexican shredded cheese.
- It’s 10 oz of can enchilada sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salsa con queso.
- Prepare 5 (10 inch) of flour tortillas.
- You need 14.5 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 oz of taco seasoning.
Even my picky five-year-old will eat it. Serve with shredded lettuce, fresh sliced tomatoes, olives and sour cream. I collect cookbooks and recipes (this one is from my son's mother-in-law). My husband teases me that I won't live long enough to try half of the recipes in my files!
Lasagna Mexicana step by step
- Preheat oven to 400 and coat 9in square baking dish.
- Brown beef and drain, add taco seasoning and 1 cup tomatoes.
- Cook vegetables until hot, stir in salsa con queso until hot..
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of pan, top with 1 tortilla, 1/4 cup cheese then 1 1/2 cup meat mixture. Place another tortilla topped with 1/4 cup cheese and 1 cup vegetables. Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining tortilla, 3/4 cup enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup tomatoes and a cup cheese..
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, bake 10 more minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Top with guacamole and serve..
Made this against my better judgment. I've made other versions of Mexican Lasagna, none of which have ever called for pasta sauce and mozzarella cheese. This Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is like an Enchilada layered up like lasagna, using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. Easy Mexican Lasagna – Delicious layers of crispy tortillas, seasoned hamburger, beans, corn and Mexican lasagna with tortillas. My all-time favorite food is Mexican.