You can cook Mexican Rice using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexican Rice
- Prepare 2 cup of long grain rice.
- It’s 2 of medium sized onion.
- You need 7-8 of garlic.
- You need 4-5 of large tomato.
- You need 1/2 cup of Green peas.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Sweet corn.
- You need 1/2 cup of Boiled rajma.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Red and yellow Bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin powder.
- You need To taste of Red Chile flakes.
- It’s to taste of Mixed herbs, salt and black pepper powder.
- It’s of Parsley.
- It’s as required of Olive oil.
- Prepare to taste of Tomato ketchup.
Mexican Rice instructions
- First pre soak the rice and boil the rajma soaked over nite. Cut all the vegetables..
- I have used pressure cooker for easy cooking. You can use any covered pan. Now in a pressure first add oil, then the pre soaked rice(drain the water) saute it in the oil till little brown..
- Now add the finely chopped garlic and onion saute it for 2-3 min..
- Then add the chopped carrots, boiled rajma, green peas, corn and mix them all. Now add the tomatoes pure. Mix it for 2-3 min. Add tomatoe ketchup. Again mix it for 2 min. Add cumin powder, redchile flakes, dried herbs, salt, black pepper powder. Mix them all. Add the bell peppers..
- Now add water to it(double the quantity of rice). Add parsley. Now cover and let it cook. 2-3 whistle. Serve it hot with an egg(this is optional).
- Please note you can use chickenstock /vegetable stock instead of water..