Elotes (Mexican Street Corn).
You can have Elotes (Mexican Street Corn) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Elotes (Mexican Street Corn)
- You need 4 Ears of Corn on the Cob with Husks Removed.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Lite Mayo.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Lite Sour Cream.
- It’s 1 Cup of Finely Crumbled Cotija Cheese.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s of Zest of 1 Lime.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
Elotes (Mexican Street Corn) step by step
- Begin by mixing together the chili powder, lime zest, salt, and pepper into small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together the Mayo and the sour cream in a bowl and set aside..
- Place the crumbled Cotija cheese into a wide bowl and set aside..
- Place the corn onto a hot grill and grill until tender. The corn may blacken a bit but that's okay! It's a great flavour. Alternatively, you can also boil the corn until tender if you don't have access to a grill or if it's winter and you can't be bothered going outside!.
- Once the corn is done, pat it completely dry and shove a wooden stick into the wide end. Using a spatula, slather the Mayo and sour cream mixture generously over each ear until they are well coated..
- Gently place the end of the corn into the bowl of Cotija cheese and dust the cheese liberally over the whole thing turning as you go so all sides of the corn get coated..
- To finish, dust the entire thing with the chili-lime spice mixture and serve immediately..