Beef Empanadas. Easy and delicious recipe for homemade beef empanadas, made with a meat picadillo filling of ground beef, onions, garlic, oregano, cumin, and achiote (annatto). Empanadas are perfect little pockets of cheesy beef. Place empanadas on prepared baking sheets and brush with egg wash.
Baked Beef Empanadas made with puff pastry, so easy and so delicious. Empanadas, or beef turnovers, are discs of pastry packed with meat. Some turnover recipes call for all manner of fillings, but this GOYA® Empanada recipe features a delicious tomato, onion, garlic and. You can cook Beef Empanadas using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Empanadas
- Prepare 1/2 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of diced onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- You need of Your favorite pie crust recipe or you can use store bought pie crust.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced Spanish green olives.
This beef empanada recipe is most closely related to Argentinian empanadas, because they are baked rather than fried and use ground beef instead of shredded or cubed. This Beef Empanada Recipe uses flaky pie crust and ground beef to create the perfect dinner. Our Favorite Mexican Dish – Beef Empanadas In Red Chili Sauce. This Crispy, Airy Taco Made From Dough And Filled With Red Chile Sauce, Shredded Beef.
Beef Empanadas instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a medium-sized skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat. Add the beef, spanish green olives onion, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly so that the ingredients are well blended. Add additional cumin, if desired, and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside and let the filling cool..
- Roll out the pie crust dough and cut out rounds using a 3-inch cutter. Put 1 tablespoon of filling on half of the round. Fold the other half of the round over and using a fork, press down on the edge of the dough making sure it is sealed all the way around. This forms the empanada. Whisk the egg in a small bowl. Brush the top of each empanada with the egg wash. Arrange the empanadas on a nonstick sheet pan and bake until golden brown, about 20-25minutes. Take out and let cool.
We LOVE empanadas in my house (who doesn't?!), and I always have leftover picadillo in my fridge or freezer because I make it at least twice a month (here's my. With a delicious savory filling encased in a buttery, flaky crust, these meat hand pies make a great snack, game day food or a light meal and are sure to be a family favorite. At Panamonte Inn & Spa, chef Charlie Collins teaches students how to make perfectly flaky empanada dough. For fillings, he uses local ingredients. Beef Empanadas (also called empanadas) is a type of ground beef turnover.