Italian meatballs. These classic Italian-American style meatballs are huge and pillowy soft! They're mixed with ground beef and pork, loaded with herbs and cheese, and served with a traditional tomato sauce. A good meatball should be packed with flavor and tender throughout.
Grandma's Italian meatball recipe is the ultimate comfort food dish to share! Tender and juicy meatballs are simmered in a simple yet rich tomato sauce and placed over spaghetti noodles or the. Make a Double Batch for Your Future Self. You can have Italian meatballs using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Italian meatballs
- Prepare 2 lb of 80/20 Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Italian Sausage.
- You need 1 bunch of Fresh Italian Parsley.
- Prepare 1 cup of Parmesan cheese shredded.
- It’s 2 cup of Bread crumbs.
- It’s 4 of Eggs.
- It’s 5 clove of Garlic (large cloves) about 1/2 bulb peeled.
- It’s 2 pinch of Red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 pinch of Salt.
- It’s 2 pinch of Black pepper.
Meatballs freeze incredibly well, so go ahead and make a double batch of this recipe. Just arrange any you want to freeze in a single. Italian Meatballs never tasted so good! Made in a delicious Tomato and Pepper Sauce.
Italian meatballs step by step
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Put peeled garlic, parsley, eggs into food processor and blend until parsley and garlic are finely chopped.
- Put meat into large bowl or mixer.
- Add bread crumbs, blended eggs, parsley, garlic..
- Add cheese.
- Add red pepper, salt, black pepper..
- Mix all ingredients until a meatloaf texture forms. Add more breadcrumb if needed for binding..
- Take meat mixture and roll in hands until a compact ball is formed about size of a golfball or slightly larger.
- Place aluminum foil on baking sheet, spray with non stick pam.
- Place meatballs on sheet about an inch apart.
- Cook meatballs about 12 min on bottom rack, remove and flip to brown all sides, put back in oven 10 more min..
- Optional – Drop into your homemade sauce on stove, cover with lid, and set to low for 3 to 4 hours stirring every 20 min..
Serve over pasta or like the Italians, as a Main Dish. Enjoy them with pasta or on a sandwich. What makes these these the best Italian meatballs you might ask. There are several key reasons this recipe works. My great-grandmother started this easy meatball recipe with our family.