Soy Sauce Chicken.
You can have Soy Sauce Chicken using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Soy Sauce Chicken
- It’s 1.6 kg of Bone-in Chicken Thigh OR Drumsticks.
- You need 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sake (Rice wine) OR Chinese Shaoxing Wine.
- You need 1/2 cup of Water *add slightly more if required.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of White Sugar.
- You need 2 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1 of Spring Onion *cut to 10cm.
- Prepare 1 of Dry Chilli.
- It’s 1 of Star Anise.
- Prepare 1 of small piece Ginger *thinly sliced.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon Stick.
Soy Sauce Chicken instructions
- Combine Soy Sauce, Sake (OR Chinese Shaoxing Wine), Water and Sugar in a pot. Place Chicken pieces, skin side facing up, and add other ingredients. Cover with a lid..
- Bring to the boil over medium heat, and reduce the heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Occasionally pour the sauce over the Chicken..
- Carefully turn over the Chicken pieces, skin side facing down now, cover with the lid, and simmer for 30 minutes. Occasionally pour the sauce over the Chicken. Allow to rest in the sauce for 10 minutes..
- Transfer the Chicken pieces to a plate. Drain the sauce and remove the vegetables from the sauce, but save the Ginger slices as they are very tasty, and remove the fat on the surface as much as you can. *Gravy Separator is a brilliant tool to remove unwanted fat..
- Boil the sauce for 5 minutes or until slightly thickens..
- Serve the Chicken with the sauce and Ginger slices, some green vegetables and freshly cooked rice..